Monday, October 21, 2013

Thomas' First Birthday

Planning a party is not an easy task. It requires careful attention to details and sequence of things to do. I am thankful that my son's first birthday party is over. The typhoon signal didn't stop me from executing my party plans.

My hubby did the DIY balloon decor while I did the setup for the candy and dessert buffet. The candy and dessert buffet is critical because you cannot display food items way too early. So I displayed the candies, brownies, cookies and wafers just minutes before the guests arrive. I also made cupcakes with red and blue buttercream frosting.


Cupcakes with buttercream frosting and inedible DIY toppers

Toy train on track with candy covered chocolates and nerds

Cake and cupcake display table with blow-up print of the celebrant's photo, with red and blue polka dots and stripe paper plates and cups


Blue, white and red striped cake with Thomas Train toy topper

DIY keychain souvenir, printed train nametag, DIY cupcake topper and DIY candy buffet labels



Candy buffet setup - chocolate, butterscotch and marble brownies, lollipop tree, chocolate chip cookies, gummies and wafers, THOMAS foil balloons, paper cups. Thomas and Friends PiƱata. 

My DIY mission was a success even though there were hassles along the way, the most important thing is that we got to celebrate my son's birthday with close friends and our family.



No comments:

Post a Comment